This 1864 brick Church is a classic ’80s conversion! With loads of character but with modern essentials it’s a perfect place for a family holiday. Many who have stayed have remarked on its calming relaxing ambience. The original barrelled Baltic pine ceiling and polished floor reflect the warmth and honesty of the timber that came out in sailing ships as ballast over 150 years ago !
Built by the ‘no nonsense’ Cornish miners the Church is a treasured bastion to the rich gold rush of the past. The country garden is a place to play and relax. There’s a schoolhouse for indoor play, an outdoor oven for cookups and space for kids to run and explore! The Church offers a family a chance to regroup, play games and enjoy a simple country retreat .
The tariff also reflects the honest country approach to hospitality with adults $60 per night and children $20 per night (Maximum 6 people). You’ll be assured of a restful family centred holiday the Church is an excellent place to explore Buninyong and its volcano and the Golden City of Ballarat!
The Miners’ Church offers…
- Fifteen squares of living space just for you!
- Three bedrooms – 1 Queen, 1 double and 1 with 2 single beds.
- Cot and high-chair available
- Colonial-styled kitchen and full-sized fridge (sorry no dishwasher)
- Bathroom with claw-foot bath and separate shower room with toilet
- Open living area
- Mezzanine floor
- Cosy lounge with TV and DVD player
- Slow combustion wood fire
- Air-conditioning in two of the upstairs bedrooms
- Generous breakfast supplies
- A ‘Library’ of books including a unique collection of Australiana
- Hosts on site but out of sight
- Check out time is 11 am
The garden offers
- A converted tram shelter / summerhouse with tiny pot belly used as a studio with table and chairs for ‘outside/inside’ picnics
- An acre of rambling cottage garden
- A big one roomed country schoolhouse brimming with pool table, table-tennis and play equipment for all ages.
- Warm fire provided.
- An outdoor bakers pizza oven
- A little cricket pitch
…. sorry, no pets
A green retreat
The Miner’s Church makes a serious effort to tread lightly on the earth and boasts:
- Solar panels on the north facing roof
- Rainwater supplies 100% of the Church’s water needs
- Composting of all garden and kitchen waste
- Chooks to eat food scraps and provide eggs for breakfast.